Gardener's Delight

Lamb's Ears are among the most beautiful weeds in the world. Once seeded, they tend to pop up everywhere. This blog will be something like that--a variety of things popping up:
Animals, flowers, landscaping, trees, shrubs, anything from the tremendous variety of nature.

We may review a few books and products.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Shelters' new rules on strays have towns scrambling | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/01/2010

Shelters' new rules on strays have towns scrambling | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/01/2010 People with an interest in gardening and landscaping are often interest in animals. While I wouldn't describe myself as an animal "activist," I think we all have to help.

I found an stray a few days ago. I brought him to a local animal shelter and paid for neutering for the dog, a large approx 3 year old male lab-something mix. He was a nice dog, so nice I considered adopting. I had him (named him Nero) all day but things were a lttle tense with our female German Shepherd mix, also adopted. We also had some travel plans arranged so I didn't have time to provide the guidance counseling necessary for integrating a new dog into the household.


So anyway, here's an article which applies to animal shelters in Pennsylvania, where we live. There's more to the story. I'm currently under a short-term arrangement to report on political articles. I'm not crazy about politics, but I like writing, and I need the job. That will end after the elections Nov. 2 and I'm hoping to get back to what I love-plants, animals, and gardening.

No comments: