Gardener's Delight

Lamb's Ears are among the most beautiful weeds in the world. Once seeded, they tend to pop up everywhere. This blog will be something like that--a variety of things popping up:
Animals, flowers, landscaping, trees, shrubs, anything from the tremendous variety of nature.

We may review a few books and products.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Red Lettuce, Arugula, and Barack Obama

Lettuce is a cool weather crop so it's suitable for early spring planting. This year I'm determined to enrich the soil with organic fertilizers. Above is a variety of red lettuce which adds a little visual impact to a salad. I learned about Arugula from the Elite Presidential Candidate Barack Obama and so I planted some of that, too. I've no idea what it looks like. I had to go to an old-fashioned plant and feed store to find arugula. What next? Birkenstocks and Brie?

No comments: