Gardener's Delight

Lamb's Ears are among the most beautiful weeds in the world. Once seeded, they tend to pop up everywhere. This blog will be something like that--a variety of things popping up:
Animals, flowers, landscaping, trees, shrubs, anything from the tremendous variety of nature.

We may review a few books and products.

Friday, May 23, 2008

thisweekonline.ca - Growing organically is the biggest gardening trend

thisweekonline.ca - Growing organically is the biggest gardening trendHere's an interesting site. I used a little fertilizer last year but I'm trying to go without this year. Organic is me. So far the plants are healthy, though suffering from the colder weather and lack of sunshine.

The lettuces are doing well, however, but the peas are growing more slowly than I thought in spite of my application of natural ferilizer.

I'm hoping that the unsually cold weather will kill off part of the Gypsy moth population which seems to have swelled this year. Those things were imported in the early previous century to make silk. I see a lot of caterpillars, but very little silk. I prefer the Japanese Beetles, scheduled to arrive in late June or early July. I haven't been inspired to see the beauty of the gypsy moth caterpillars whereas those destructive Japanese beatles are admirable little warriors with a beautiful shell.

No comments: